Friday, September 11, 2009

Dear Dealer #100,

"Nice Rack"...twss $125

One of my sweet men enlisted my services on the search for the perfect living room wall art, an antique bar, and some sort of magazine rack for the bathroom. Naturally, my first inclination was to deliver him to one of my favorite places on the planet: Pacific Galleries.

Incredible, and consistently surprising, how inspiring it is for me to wander through tiny room after tiny room, centuries of memories, tokens and treasures. One could spend years in that place sifting through all the tiny nooks and crannies. Among the things I felt a burning desire to take home were the aforementioned "rack," a gallery dining table constructed from salvaged Sunset Bowl alley flooring, and dear dealer #100, why do I want EVERYTHING in your booth?:

If only you could feel this chair: newly gilded Vintage Armchair $585 & set of Botanical bookplates $375

I pretty close to creamed my pants upon seeing this luscious item, oh how I yearn for thee...: Vintage Gentleman's Chest by Milo Baughman $2250

Dream of dreams color palette happening right now, double primary on black & white: Vintage crinkle glaze ginger jar lamp $475 & black studded table $475

The upholstery choice on this beauty is a bit garish for my tastes (imagine her in a nice chocolate mohair - SWOON), but good lordy I'll take what I can get when the gettin's this good: Gilded Antique British Settee $2550

No comments: